What Is AMNIOEFFECT?
- AMNIOEFFECT is a thick human amnion, intermediate layer, and chorion allograft
- AMNIOEFFECT provides a semi-permeable protective barrier that supports the healing cascade and protects the wound bed to aid in the development of granulation tissue
- The product is available in sheet configurations up to 180 cm2 to address a variety of surgical applications and potentially reduce wastage
- A semi-permeable protective barrier that supports the healing cascade
- Protects the wound bed to aid in the development of granulation tissue
- Provides a human biocompatible extracellular matrix
- Retains 300+ regulatory proteins1
- Easy to apply
CLINICAL USE EXAMPLES
AMNIOEFFECT may be used across a wide range of surgical applications including:
- Complex incision management
- Dehiscence repair
- Tendon & ligament repair
- Exposed bone or hardware
- Minimally Invasive
- Surgery (MIS)
- Pilonidal cysts
- Rotator cuff repair
- Skin grafts
- Surgical debridement
Procedures where graft fixation is needed.*
*Product is not load bearing
Small to large, deep surgical wounds; thicker product needed.
May be used for minimally invasive surgery.
AMNIOEFFECT Processing & Details
AMNIOEFFECT is processed using PURION, a unique patented method for placental-based allografts according to standards and/or regulations established by the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB) and the United States Food & Drug Administration (FDA). The product is derived from placental tissue donated by healthy, consenting mothers who have given live Caesarean section births in the US.
MIMEDX’s PURION patented process preserves extracellular matrix components, including regulatory factors and other matrix-associated proteins. For an additional level of safety, the product is terminally sterilized.
The PURION process has been optimized for retention of the Intermediate Layer (IL). Separation of the amnion and chorion, with attached IL (Figure 1), ensures thorough cleansing of each layer prior to lamination into the tri-layer final configuration (Figure 2)
Figure 1: Configuration During Cleansing Process
Figure 2: Tri-layer Final Configuration
This is a representation and not an actual image of the cleansing process.
Contact us for more information about AMNIOEFFECT
AMNIOEFFECT Product Brochure
AMNIOEFFECT Application Guide
Data on File. MIMEDX Research Report. MM-RD-00101 – Development of Lyophilized Human Amnion Chorion Membrane.