Your privacy is important to MIMEDX Group, Inc. (“MIMEDX” or “we”). As such, we want to assure you that any information you share with MIMEDX will be protected and treated with the utmost care. Our Privacy Notice detailed below outlines what personal information MIMEDX collects and shares and what rights you may have regarding your information.
MIMEDX may use web beacons, pixel tags, cookies, and other tracking technologies on our applications, websites, email messages, and online advertisements to collect information about our consumers. Such tracking technologies benefit consumers as well as MIMEDX by allowing for account maintenance, request form auto-population, location assistance, etc. MIMEDX uses information gathered from cookies to autofill location fields based on your IP address. We also may place pixel tags and web beacons in our emails to assess the effectiveness of email outreach to identify individuals who open or interact with an email message, when the email is opened, and how many times the email is forward.
We utilize cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, and other technologies on our websites to measure site activity, provider for a better interface experience, and tailor our marketing communications. MIMEDX may at times allow for third party advertising or personalization companies to use this information to develop more specific content based on that information.
MIMEDX may have collected the following kinds of personal information in the last twelve (12) months:
- Personal Identifiers, for example: name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Other Personal Information (as listed by Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), for example: name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Note: Some personal information in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Protected Classifications under federal or state law, including: age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status and genetic information.
- [NOT CURRENTLY COLLECTED] Commercial Information
- Biometric Information, for example: genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
- Internet or Other Network Activity, for example: browser information, and information about a consumer’s interaction with a website, applications, or advertisement.
- [NOT CURRENTLY COLLECTED] Sensory Information, for example, audio, visual, or similar data.
- Geolocation data like physical location or movement
- Professional or Employment-Related Information
- [NOT CURRENTLY COLLECTED] Non-Public Education Information
- [NOT CURRENTLY COLLECTED] Inferences Drawn From Other Personal Information
The information MIMEDX collects about you may be used:
- To operate the MIMEDX website and applications
- For medical or clinical research
- For marketing and analytics purposes
- To comply with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements
- To provide products, services, and to maintain customer relationships
We obtain information from:
- Our customers, business partners, prospective employees, and current employees directly
- Third parties, like physicians, acting on behalf of product recipients
- Directly and indirectly from activity on our website (www.mimedx.com). For example, from submissions through our website portal or website usage details collected automatically.
- From third-parties that interact with us in connection with the services we perform.
Communications between MIMEDX and consumers with the above uses may occur via mail, telephone, text message, social media, email, and other electronic messages via the MIMEDX website or applications.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we may have shared the following categories of personal information, as categorized by the CCPA, for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Biometric, medical and geolocation information
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Professional or employment-related information.
We may share your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates.
- Service providers.
- Government authorities, like the FDA.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any personal information.
California Resident Rights
California residents have certain rights with regards to the personal information that we collect. Those are described below and apply only to California residents. We will try to complete a verifiable California request within 45 days of receiving it. If we require more time (up to a total of 90 days), we will tell you the reason and extension period in writing.
Right to Request What Information is Collected or Shared by MIMEDX
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
California residents may ask MIMEDX to delete their PI that MIMEDX collects or maintains. MIMEDX uses software to track personal information so that it can properly verify your request. In order to assist you MIMEDX may require your first and last name and your email address. MIMEDX may also require a signed statement that you are the resident whose personal information is the subject of the request.
California Residents Only: Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information
California residents may ask MIMEDX to exclude them from the sale of their personal information. MIMEDX does not currently sell any personal information.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
How to make a request
California residents may ask a question or make a request described under this notice at any time, by contacting us through following:
- Toll Free: (888) 543-1917
- [email protected]
Changes To This Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will do so by posting additions or modifications to this page.
Effective date: January 1st, 2020
Last modified: December 10, 2019