What Is EPICORD?
EPICORD is a thick graft that allows for suturing to keep the graft in place and provides a protective environment to support the healing process. EPICORD is derived of human umbilical cord.
EPICORD is derived of human umbilical cord. EPICORD Expandable expands to twice its size and conforms to uneven surfaces and deeper wounds.
- Provides a protective environment to support the healing process
- Comprised of an extracellular matrix of hyaluronic acid and collagen
Retains Regulatory Proteins
250+ regulatory proteins1, 2
- SMR2T™ Technology and patented PURION processing
- Terminally sterilized for additional level of safety
- Easy to apply
- Room temperature storage
- 5-year shelf life
- Compatible with negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT) and hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBO)
Clinical Use Examples
- Smaller, deeper wounds or surgical sites
- When graft fixation is desired
- Conforms to uneven surfaces (EPICORD Expandable)
- 2cm x 3cm expands to 12cm2 (EPICORD Expandable)
EPICORD is processed using PURION, a unique patented method for placental-based allografts that is in accordance with the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB) standards. The product is derived from donated C-sections of live births in the US. The product undergoes active preservation of the extracellular matrix (ECM), regulatory proteins, and removal of blood contaminants via a proprietary cleansing process. For an additional level of safety, the product is terminally sterilized.
EPICORD is SMR2T Technology (Selective Membrane of Reparative and Reconstructive Tissue) which provides a semi-permeable protective barrier that supports the healing cascade. It protects the wound bed to aid in the development of granulation tissue and provides a human biocompatible extracellular matrix that retains 250+ regulatory proteins.1,2
1. MM-RD-00086, Proteome Characterization of PURION Processed Dehydrated Human Amnion Chorion Membrane (dHACM) and PURION PLUS Processed Dehydrated Human Umbilical Cord (dHUC) Allografts. 2. Bullard JD, Lei J, Lim JJ, Massee M, Fallon AM, Koob TJ. Evaluation of dehydrated human umbilical cord biological properties for wound care and soft tissue healing. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2019;107(4):1035-1046.
Contact us for more information about EPICORD
EPICORD Product Sheet